LeGrudge & Rugged
Based in Calgary, Alberta
December 21, 2012
Mac / Windows / Linux
DescriptionCAN YOU GET TO THE EXIT? KRUNCH is a quick-reflex game about escaping, survival and the fear of being closed in. KRUNCH draws inspiration from NES era gaming and has an exclusive 2-player mode for the Winnitron 1000: the indie video game cabinet. KRUNCH demands concentration, delivers fast gameplay and will test fans of games such as Mega Man and VVVVVV.
HistoryKRUNCH began as a prototype for Mini Ludum Dare 21: "Greatest Fear". From the very beginning, we were after recreating the rush, the claustrophobic sense of desperation, like the walls are closing in. We worked over the weekend and completed a very basic prototype with 15 levels.
- DRM-free: no copy protection, no ads, no IAP, no upsells, nada.
- Cross-platform: compatible with Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
- made by two dudes, a musician and an artist... in coffee shops, kitchens and couches... with the support of family and friends.
- Powered by flixel
- Built with Ogmo Editor
KRUNCH Launch Trailer (2012) Vimeo
CTV interview about KRUNCH and Indie Game Making (February 4, 2013) MP4 File
Sup Holmes? Episode 59 with LeGrudge & Rugged YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "KRUNCH is nominated for The 2013 Canadian Video Game Awards" Best Downloadable Game and Best Indie Game
- "Though I don't get the sense that Vieko Franetovic and Mike Lohaus are the type of guys who are particularly motivated to sending overt autobiographical messages in their games, it didn't take long to see the parallels the design of KRUNCH and the temperament of its creators. Competitive, wild, carefully organized, aggressive, and unpredictable, these dudes take intense fun very seriously."
- Jon Holmes, Destructoid
- "KRUNCH has an awful lot to offer gamers who really enjoy punishing themselves. ★★★★☆"
- Editors, RGCD
- "KRUNCH: death is but the next great adventure! (8/10)"
- Patrick Hancock, Destructoid
- "KRUNCH from LeGrudge & Rugged is going to make you growl in frustration. The good kind of frustration. The kind that VVVVVV, Super Meat Boy, and the Kairoshi series bestows upon you."
- John Bartinelli, JayIsGames
- "KRUNCH is such a polished game, it is hard to believe that it’s the first release from Canadian developers LeGrudge & Rugged (Vieko Franetovic & Michael Lohaus). Easy to learn and difficult to master, KRUNCH has the feel of a lost arcade classic. It has been compared to VVVVVV and Super Meat Boy, and it is similar to those games in its difficulty and urgency, but KRUNCH has its own distinct style and identity."
- Paul Hack, Independent Gaming
- "Game jam joy: Krunch's long road to release"
- Michael Rose, Gamasutra
- "Aimed at fans of games such as VVVVVV and Super Meat Boy, LeGrudge & Rugged's Krunch is not for the faint of heart."
- Jordan Devore, Destructoid
- "If you're looking for a new game to make you throw your controller to the ground in frustration, á la Super Meat Boy and classic Mega Man games, be sure to keep an eye out for KRUNCH."
- Ryan McLaughlin, Indie Statik
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About LeGrudge & Rugged
LeGrudge & Rugged is an independent game development studio working on desktop and mobile games. Vieko Franetovic (Lou LeGrudge) and Michael Lohaus (Dirk Rugged) recently launched KRUNCH: a quick-reflex game about escaping, survival and the fear of being closed in.
More information on LeGrudge & Rugged, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Vieko Franetovic (vee-echo)
Design + Programming + Levels
Graphics + Music + Levels
Sara Gross aka Two Bit Art
Rich Vreeland aka Disasterpeace